We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

I am headed to a conference in March. The conference is at the Convention Center. My husband is coming with me and we are going to make it a mini-vacation. We are looking at both the Hotel Valencia Riverwalk and the Omni La Mansion del Rio. We currently have reservations at both. At Hotel Valencia Riverwalk our reservation is for a Courtyard Balcony King room (really good deal!)and at the Omni La Mansion del Rio our reservation is for a Classic Deluxe room with King Bed and a pool/courtyard/city view (for a little more). I cannot seem to make a decision as to which we should keep and which we should cancel... any insight is much appreciated!

Texas
Level Contributor
498 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

I like the La Mansion with a balcony river view only(expensive). I would stick with Hotel Valencia, also nice, especially if you got a good price.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,675 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

La Mansion is older, historic, Spanish style and a SA landmark/institution...rooms tend to be smaller

Valencia is of course newer, ultra modern,sleek.. notable restaurant Citrus, popular "V" bar..unique as in the check-in is not street level

Valencia is just around the bend from the main commercial area of the river

nearby is cheap and tasty Mexican food at Blanco Cafe on N.St. Mary's..in direction of Greyhound Bus

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

I really love the hotel Valencia. I have stayed at both places! The hotel Valencia is smaller and definitely more romantic. When you walk into the hotel you are greeted by a dark lit waterfall, you go upstairs and it just feels sexy. It's close to everything and the rooms are really comfortable. My husband loves the leather chair in each room. At night the Vbar is a cool place to grab a drink. It's also right next to a lot of great restaurants.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

Thanks, everyone! Very helpful.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

I too have stayed at both. I agree that at La Mansion, it's only worth staying there if you have a balcony on the riverwalk, especially a lower floor.

Valencia seems much less touristy and is usually a good bit cheaper.

6. Re: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk vs. Omni La Mansion del Rio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:17