We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea World San Antonio

Rowlett, Texas
9 posts
Save Topic
Sea World San Antonio

I have a large family of 6, & am trying to budget our trip to Sea World next month. I know you aren't allowed to bring food into the park, but what about plastic bottled water & pre-packaged snacks? Are there plenty of water fountains that we could fill them up at? Also, how much does a typical meal cost in the park? How much are the feeding exhibits? I want my kids to have a great time, & welcome all tips & advice. Thank you in advance to all who respond.

Rowlett, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea World San Antonio

Also, does anyone know of a nice family-friendly hotel that can sleep 6 in one room or has adjoining rooms. All my children are under 10 & my husband & I don't want to have to split up at night for 2 rooms.

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea World San Antonio

You should be able to get a lot of info from the SeaWorld website. From the ticket info we're finding, the website price is just as good as the coupons. If you buy from the website, you print your pass and go straight to the entrance. If you use coupons, you have to wait in line. The 2 day pass is the best way to go - it's only $5 more than the 1 day pass. We're doing the "wet" stuff - pool, water rides, etc., the first day, then going back for the "dry" events the second day. Food - if they don't allow food, then snacks will still qualify if they see them. We're going this Thursday and Friday. I'll try to remember to come back here and let you know about the food and drinks.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea World San Antonio

Check the suite hotels like, Residence Inn, Summerfield Suites, Candlewood Suites, etc for rooms that sleep 6. Ask if the hotels participate in the S.A.V.E program for special rates, and check on discounts for AAA, entertainment card, SAMS or Costco, etc. They may even offer a Seaworld package.

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea World San Antonio

If you need the space, then you're probably going to have to spring for a beter hotel. You can stay at a Clarion Suites, Comfort Suites, La Quinta suites, or Embassy Suites. Some of them are actual suites with separate bedrooms and doors. This gives you 2 TVs also. I'd ask to make sure the bedrooms are separate and not just a larger area for the living area. The price may look higher, but I know at the Clarion, you get free munchies and drinks for a couple of hours at night (enough to make a meal off of), and breakfast is free in the morning. So you're going to save money right off the bat and get more space to move around in. Also, ask for summer specials, ask if they can match an internet price, etc., and you can save even more.

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea World San Antonio

When my family and I went to Sea World in June, they very thoroughly checked our camera bags and the duflle bag we had our swim stuff in. So I would imagine that they infortce their no outside food policy. I didn't see a lot of water fountains, but if you ask at the food spots, you can get free ice water. It is their regular drink size. The food is rather pricey (we spent over $40 on lunch for four of us) so when we went back for our second day, we ate a big breakfast and got a couple of snacks and then ate dinner when we left. You can leave and come back if you like, just make sure you tell them when you exit the park so they can stamp your hand. If you live close enough, a season pass is only a few dollars more than a 2 day pass. We, too had 1 wet day and 1 dry day and had a blast both days. But be careful, because the sidewalks in the Lost Lagoon are scorching hot!!!!! Have a fun time!

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea World San Antonio

We live in San Antonio and have been to SeaWorld many times. One thing to be sure not to miss is the 4D movie - it is really great! It's also a place to cool off! Be sure to get a map and show time schedule after you enter the park, to the left, think it's guest relations. Food and drinks are expensive and they do check bags. You can bring sports cups, etc. in though and they do have water fountains. The water park is closed if it gets to its capacity, so I recommend going into the water park early, at least on the weekends. If it's at capacity, you have to stand outside the gates until people leave. The only feeding exhibit I recall is the dolphins and I believe it was two or three dollars for a tray of fish. There are only certain times they allow you to feed them, so check the schedule. As far as hotels, the best thing to do is go to Expedia.com and do a search. I never use them to book the hotel, but it's good for finding out what is available. Believe you can search by distance from your destination. The main thing to remember about the park is that there is a lot of walking, so wear comfortable clothes and especially comfortable shoes. We never worry too much about how we look--by the end of the day, you'll look pretty ragged if you saw most of the attractions!!! Enjoy!!

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea World San Antonio

Just back from our 2 day trip to Sea World in San Antonio. They do check the bags before entering. I saw lots of babies with their own ziplock baggies of goodies - so I think age may hold privileges. They do not advertise that you can get ice water from any fountain machine - free. They'd rather sell the bottle water at $3 a pop! We had free ice water all day long. Food is very pricey - 2 HB w/ FF, 2 Drinks and 1 cookie was $23.00. Don't sit in the wet zones of the shows unless you want to get drenched. The difference in the crowds on Thursday and Friday was huge. We really enjoyed splitting the days by wet day and dry day. If you wear something over your swimsuit, it can't be blue jean cut offs or you'll have to take them off before getting on any of the slides. We bought water shoes before going and it was a great purchase. You just have to take them off and hold them in your hands/lap while on the water slides. Shamu show and dolphin shows are great. Sit at LEAST on the third row up from the bottom if you want to see the top of the water and under water. Any closer, and you miss what's going on above the tank.