We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drury Plaza Riverview....upgrade worth it?

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
510 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Drury Plaza Riverview....upgrade worth it?

We are planning on a 2-night stay in SA and want to be right on the Riverwalk. We found a room at the Drury Plaza RW, and we are thinking of treating ourselves to an upgrade ..is the 2-queen Jacuzzi/balcony upgrade worth the $40/$50 extra? Anyone stay there recently?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,968 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drury Plaza Riverview....upgrade worth it?

I can't advise about the upgrade..However, the plaza is a converted bank building...I might consider being on a lower floor closer to the actual river. In this location being on the higher floor is not so dramatic as compared to the top floors of say the Hyatt or Westin.

The best balconies are at La Mansion..you could check if you can get an online deal.

Personally, I'd pass on the jacuzzi (not my thing) as San Antonio is a great place to meander, people watch..basically being outside the majority of time...Market Square, King William, riverwalk etc.

I'd take the money and maybe splurge on a nicer meal for ex. steaks and Jazz at Bohanan's

Edited: 05 March 2014, 21:46
Hartford...
Level Contributor
510 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drury Plaza Riverview....upgrade worth it?

Good advice...I'll check it out. I would love a balcony view of the riverwalk, so will try La Mansion! (and the steaks at Bohanan's)

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drury Plaza Riverview....upgrade worth it?

Classic Tejashombre...

Excellent advice!

La Mansion beats the Drury properties hands down in my opinion unless, of course, your ONLY concern is budget.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
419 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drury Plaza Riverview....upgrade worth it?

We stayed in a terrace room twice at the Drury Plaza Riverwalk and loved it! We have also stayed at La Mansion del Rio and it was wonderful. However, if you would like information on the terrace rooms I can assist with that. My mother stayed in a regular room at the Drury Plaza and we stayed in the Terrace King bedded room. Our room was SO much nicer than the room that my mom stayed in. I felt that we definitely made the right choice by going with the Terrace room. Her room was small and basic while our room was HUGE and a lot more modern. The room itself has a separate bedroom with king size bed, flat screen television, etc. There is also a separate large living room with another television, wet bar and comfortable sitting area. Of course the best part of the room was the terrace. It's large and the view was amazing. Our room faced a beautiful church. I believe it's called San Fernando Cathedral. The balcony was well worth the extra money. I cannot tell you anything about the Jacuzzi room with terrace although I have heard that it's just a large room/living combo and not a separate bedroom from sitting area. I am personally not a fan of hotel Jacuzzi rooms because I worry about how sanitary they are so we have not tried this type of room at this hotel. I would definitely recommend the Terrace rooms though. They are definitely worth the extra money. As for the La Mansion del Rio, it's a beautiful hotel with great rooms. The balcony rooms are lovely. Some are private and some are shared balconies. This hotel is quite a bit more expensive compared to the Drury. If money is no object, than I would go with the La Mansion. It's romantic and the rooms on the Riverwalk with balconies are amazing. One more tip that I hope helps. Go to www.visitsanantonio.com and click on the SAVE button. Both of these hotels offer a Save rate and this will save you quite a bit of money. You will need to enter the PROMO code for each hotel in order to get the discounts. I always use the SAVE rate whenever we visit San Antonio. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful trip!

5. Re: Drury Plaza Riverview....upgrade worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 04:19