We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Level Contributor
156 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic

This coming week, my children and I will be going down to San Antonio via Amtrak (just for the fun of it). I noticed that it doesn't get in until 10:30pm. Does anyone know if they have taxi's at that time or if you have to call ahead for one? How safe is that area at that time? Do any hotels in the area have a shuttle type service to take you to their property?

I know, a lot of questions but the answers will make or break my plans. Thank you so much for any help!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amtrak

We did your trip..The station was well lit with people around. We wasted no time and got off the train quickly. There was one cab and we got it! In case there are none for you I would have the # in my phone but you really won't know your arrival time until you get off. It was $10 with tip to get to the Drury on the Riverwalk

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amtrak

You won't find any hotel shuttles. There are usually taxis but just call from the train a few minutes before arrival.

210 222 2222

The station is next to the Alamodome and Sunset Station. There are several hotels near as well. Walking late in the area is usually safe but you are on the edge of the tourist area. Best to get a cab from the station.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,977 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amtrak

The first cab will call for backup. So, yes, there will be cabs at the station.

4. Re: Amtrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:15