We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san antonio to galveston

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
san antonio to galveston

Looking for somewhere interesting to stop on route preferably half to two thirds of the way to stop and stretch our legs, look around and have some lunch.

Any suggestions ?

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san antonio to galveston

Almost exactly halfway is the town of Columbus, TX. While there are no gourmet restaurants in the town, there are some decent places. One that serves all-American cooking is Schobel's Restaurant, just north of I-10 on Hwy 71. If you're in the mood for BBQ, Mikeska's gets great reviews. It's a little east of Columbus on US 90, and you should pull up directions, as it's a little complicated to get there from the west.

Heading on to Galveston, try to get through Houston no later than 3:00 PM, as the traffic really starts to get heavy after that time.

Have a great trip!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san antonio to galveston

Thanks for that

had a look at places along the way and think we might try and get to katy and stop there for a while.

Steve

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san antonio to galveston

Katy's a good choice, Steve, but it's really almost a western suburb of Houston, for what it's worth. It's pretty well developed, with all sorts of restaurants and things to do, including a sizeable outlet mall on the south side of I-10, if your wife is caught up in that terrible habit of shopping.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: san antonio to galveston

Unfortunately she definatley is,

Think I will forget to mention that and use it as a backup plan.

but I think if we stop at katy it will give us more control of when we will get to galveston.

Steve.

5. Re: san antonio to galveston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15