We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

battle of the flowers parade.

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
battle of the flowers parade.

Probally not the right place for this post but went to the parade yesterday and it was brilliant.

After it finished we walked back down commerce st towards our hotel we was shocked at the amount of rubbish left on the ground this was despite seeing countless people walking past offering black and yellow sacks for rubbish and recycling respectively

so if you are reafing this and are one of the many people who couldn't be bothered to use of these sacks then shame on you.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,634 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

did you not happen to see the parade/army of street cleaners at the end ? They get it done quickly!! plus, It is easier to have one big team rather than individuals picking up and emptying rubbish bins....

are you there for tonight's parade? even more people and even more trash!!

glad you enjoyed it...did you walk by the Alamo yesterday or today to see the wreaths commemorating the fallen military?

Edited: 26 April 2014, 14:14
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

Dont really understand if you are trying to justify dropping all the rubbish on the floor

if so why were there so many people offering rubbish bags.

anyway just my opinion.

I think I will stick with my plan of putting my rubbish in the sacks or in a bin.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,634 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

of course, I'm not condoning it ..it has to do with people's habit. and yes, indeed a bad habit of SA'ers! They ae lazy! and I certainly agree.

They are trying to make Fiesta more green... but conviincing that to 300-500,000 parade goers is not easy.

So, indeed thank you for your post and doing your part to dispose of your own rubbish.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 14:35
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,634 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

therivardreport.com/littertown-broadways-fie…

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

I'm sure that the folks here in this forum are of the same mindset as you. I've never been to a football game in Europe, but I imagine they have the same problem.

Cheers to those who do the right thing.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

Well I have been to many

and I can assure you it is not.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

So negative...I was there and the trash was the Only negative thing...no one said it would be perfect so moving on my high five to all of SAT for a marvelous job and providing me with an amazingly fun week..will be back next year for sure and hats off to the wonderful clean up crew...shame maybe that was needed But you did a fab job! Thank u San Antonio!

8. Re: battle of the flowers parade.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:15