We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Flash Pass worth it?

Boerne, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Is Flash Pass worth it?

My son is attending Six Flags with a group. Some of his friends want to purchase the Flash Pass. Is it worth the investment? We live 4 hours away from SAN Antonio and only know what we have read on the six flags site. How much does it cost for the additional persons beyond the first persons fee?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,604 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Flash Pass worth it?

I'd say if you're visiting towards the end of the summer then maybe yes..to avoid the crush of last minute vacationers. Generally, the ticket is already expensive enough IMO...just another gimmick to get more money IMO...that's just me though.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Flash Pass worth it?

Actually, we have generally found August to be less crowded. June is usually packed.

I would suggest playing it by ear based on crowds that day. We usually have annual passes so wouldn't buy it, but for kids coming for just a day, I can see how it could be useful.

Make sure they show up to the park well before opening. If they are quick into the park, they can get several rides in before lines build.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Flash Pass worth it?

Sorry. As for price, I think it may change based on the crowds. Pretty sure it runs around $30 a day. It should be listed on the Six Flags website.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Flash Pass worth it?

July and August are the most packed times. The last 2 weeks of August, things settle down as the kids go back to school. You can see this by bringing up the hours of the park. The times when the park is open until 10pm is when they are busy. On August 11th the hours drop to 7pm.

What kind of group is this? School? Private?

If you can get to the park 1 hour before they open, and be first at the gate, you won't need Flash Pass. The problem with a large group, is you're dragging a bunch of people, waiting on them to be ready. If it's a school group, they show up when the park opens, the kids go into a different gate, and they move around the park in packs. Most of the time, the kids don't care about wait times, they're happy to be together in a group. If a few had the flash pass, and the others didn't, it would be awkward to be splitting up.

5. Re: Is Flash Pass worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio