We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latino food in SA NOT Mexican

Lincoln, Nebraska
1 post
Save Topic
Latino food in SA NOT Mexican

Can anyone tell me if there are any good Latino/South American restaurants in San Antonio. I know, it's Texas, close to Mexico, tons and tons of Mexican places to eat, but I'm from Omaha, Nebraska and we have a HUGE Mexican population here which equals amazing Mexican food.

I'm looking more towards Ecuadorian or Peruvian food. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Marlin Texas USA
Level Contributor
275 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latino food in SA NOT Mexican

I haven't dined here, but Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse gets good reviews. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60956-d12…

Also there is Texas de Brazil

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60956-d20…

And Fogo de Chao

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60956-d15…

There are undoubtedly other South American cuisine restaurants, but these are the only ones I know.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latino food in SA NOT Mexican

Have you done a search on Trip Advisor?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60956-d2372…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60956-d3679…

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latino food in SA NOT Mexican

Nao, the restaurant at the Culinary Institute, is primarily Latin, focusing on S. American and Caribbean food, decidedly not Mexican. This month features Venezuelan cuisine.

Fun place, run by the students, reasonably priced for how nice a place it is.

4. Re: Latino food in SA NOT Mexican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio