We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

Are these places super far from the Alamo/Riverwalk area? Which would you recommend? Due to our length of stay, we can only choose one :/ These are the only things I know for sure: Six Flags, no outside food, Schlitterbahn you can bring in your own stuff. With our military discount, both are the same price. Six Flags has both water rides as well as amusement park rides, Schlitterbahn of course only the water rides. Thanks for all your help!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

I use Google Maps to get distances - very accurate. Downtown to Six Flags 18 miles. To Schlitterbahn 33 miles.

There is no comparison - Schlitterbahn is one the best water parks in the country. Fiesta Texas' is tiny, free with admission to the park. There are times when it is full to capacity and you may have to wait an hour or so to get in. That never happens at Schlitterbahn super big. High thrill rides at Schlitterbahn may have a line up to an hour, but there are tons of other things that won't have lines.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

Octoboy is stating the Fiesta Texas Water Park is small, not that Fiesta Texas is small. If you only care about the Water Park, then Schlitterbahn is the way to go.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

Thanks for the clarification - it is Friday the 13th! :)

Honolulu
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

Thank you both! That's a tough call :/ I know it'll be hot so maybe Shlitterbahn. And someone just told me that because it's so hot, sitting on the plastic/metal seats for the rides at Six Flags was very uncomfortable.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,439 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

+1 Schilterbahn....more elbow room, more natrual shading etc.

and yes, you can take a cooler...just remember-no glass of any type....

simply stop by the nearest Wal Mart for water shoes, styrofoam ice chest and snacks/sandwich fixins

Edited: 14 June 2014, 06:21
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

there are amusement parks with roller coasters all over the country, but you can only find Schlitterbahn in Texas (oops I guess there is one in Kansas too). Im from CA and its silly to travel to LA with kids and go to Universal over Disneyland. Yes both is better but if you can only do one???? Schlitterbahn (the san Antonio location) has been voted best water park in the WORLD 16 years in a row, plus MasterBlaster was voted best water slide in the country for the past couple years! get a pre paid gift card from the gas station or supermarket and its a lot cheaper then online or at the gate. cheers. PS we just got to San Antonio and we are doing both, but if I had to choose, then you know my answer.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

there are amusement parks with roller coasters all over the country, but you can only find Schlitterbahn in Texas (oops I guess there is one in Kansas too). Im from CA and its silly to travel to LA with kids and go to Universal over Disneyland. Yes both is better but if you can only do one???? Schlitterbahn (the san Antonio location) has been voted best water park in the WORLD 16 years in a row, plus MasterBlaster was voted best water slide in the country for the past couple years! get a pre paid gift card from the gas station or supermarket and its a lot cheaper then online or at the gate. cheers. PS we just got to San Antonio and we are doing both, but if I had to choose, then you know my answer.

Honolulu
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

Thank you so much every one! With our military discount it's the same price for either park, but the fact that we can bring in food and parking is free at Schlitterbahn is the deal breaker :) totally looking forward to it! I how you guys are having a great time while you're down there right now!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,439 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

I'd do the rides/chutes first/ASAP...lines get longer as the day goes by and then taper off late afternoon..

in the interim you can hang out in the lazy river....(I prefer the original part of the park with the big shaded trees)

They do have lockers if needed. You can buy plastic money if you don't wanna worry with cash.

Pipe Creek, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Schlitterbahn vs. Fiesta Six Flags

Well there is no comparison between Fiesta Texas and Schlitterbahn . Fiesta Texas has gotten run down and gets super crowded.

Schlitterbahn ( New Braunfels) is huge and has been voted one of the best water parks in the world. It's3 parks in one and you could go 2 days and still not ride all they have. They shuttle you between the three parks by tram ( it's free). The location is actually in New Braunfels, TX not San Antonio.