We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

Okay, I know-this isn't travel-related, but I am so pleased for your city and your team-----great job!!!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

Thanks! ! We are proud of our city and our team!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,811 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

Yes glad they won, happy for Timmy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

Although i'm a Charlotte Hornets fans (we're back!) i've developed a soft spot for them since back in 1999 when they won their first championship and followed/watched this final series intently. Being an Aussie i couldn't have been more proud of watching Patty Mills light it up off the bench, not only in the last game but throughout the series and the season as well.

It's been big news over here and i just saw on tv the Spurs parading on the Riverwalk (i think) to a huge crowd. Seeing the audience reaction to him there and also the crowd at the game it really looks like the San Antonian's have really taken to him which was great to see.

And while he didn't have as big an impact as Patty it's every bit as nice to see another Aussie Aron Baynes get a ring as well. Andrew Gaze who is Australia's greatest basketballer also won a ring with San Antonio back in 1999 (which is why i first started my interest) even though he didn't get a great deal of game time then.

I'll be in SA in March next year so right on the top of my list will be a Spurs game and watching Patty light it up in the flesh!

Edited: 19 June 2014, 09:37
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

We love Patty and Aron!!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,024 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

Rooted for them all the way good for you San Antonio.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

That one has to be my favorite of the five. Hopefully Patty is back for your trip, Stormer. I think he will be since he's the guy who hosted the celebration at the Dome after the parade. Baynes made some great contributions in the WCF against Oklahoma City. Yeah, the parade was crazy packed. Took forever to find a spot. Even harder to get in the Alamodome, which they weren't allowing entry to since it was at full capacity. Had to sneak in through a side door!

7. Re: Congratulations San Antonio Spurs!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:16