We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Trinity family weekend?

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for Trinity family weekend?

I will be traveling to SA with husband and 3 kids-teens and pre-teens-the last weekend in September. We visited the school when looking at colleges and stayed at the Hyatt Place at Quarry Market. Very convenient location for Trinity, breakfast included and close to shopping and restaurants. I am wondering, however, if it is the best choice with kids. They will be skipping some of the Saturday daytime meetings and I am wondering what they can do. I think there is a pool but I am not sure they can safely walk to Quarry Market for restaurants or a movie? Any thoughts? I considered the Riverwalk but it's not as convenient to Trinity and I am not sure there is much that interests kids there. Advice appreciated.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,997 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Trinity family weekend?

downtown or airport locations are your choices

Stay near North Star Mall, there are movie theaters, shopping. restaurants, Cheescake Factory etc.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Trinity family weekend?

The Hyatt Place is about .7 mile from the Quarry, but along a busy road. They do have a free shuttle within 3 miles from 5am to midnight. Very close to Trinity, I think it would be a great choice.

North Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Trinity family weekend?

I highly recommend the Drury Inn near the airport, it is in walking distance of the North Star Mall and has free breakfasts and evening meals and drinks for the adults! Good pool and fair workout area, free parking. We are ex-Trinity parents, be sure to ask for the Trinity rate when booking!

4. Re: Hotel for Trinity family weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:16