We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Port Angeles/OP to SJI?

Which Friday Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry from Port Angeles/OP to SJI?

In our whirlwind tour of the area we are going to be coming from Port Angeles/OP and going to SJI. Google maps has me go the ferry to Victoria and then back over to SJI. Does this make sense, or should we drive back over to Anacortes? I guess I wouldn't mind a quick visit to Victoria but if it is a huge hassle, and more expensive, it won't be worth it to us. This will be a Monday in June.

Thanks!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,306 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles/OP to SJI?

I am not sure what you mean by drive back to Anacortes. Do you mean drive back to Seattle or Edmonds by way of the ferry? That you do not want to do. Your other option is to drive to Port Townsend and take the ferry to Whidbey

Island and either take another ferry from there to the mainland or drive to Deception Pass and drive off. Although more expensive, I would think going to Victoria and taking the Sydney Ferry makes the most sense. Since I have not taken this route for many years someone else may suggest Whidbey, but once in Victoria the drive to the Ferry in Sydney is not very far.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles/OP to SJI?

Sorry, if I was confusing, I am confused :)

I guess the two options are:

1) Ferry to Port Townsend to Whitby Island up through Deception Pass and then the ferry from Anacortes to Friday Harbour.

2) Ferry to Victoria and then ferry to SJI.

I will do a little more research on cost and such. We would have time to meander through Whitby Island if that is something worth seeing.

Thanks for your response!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles/OP to SJI?

You can go either way really, but going through Victoria means crossing international borders. Be prepared, with passports. Going to Anacortes might be worth it to avoid the border.

Have a good trip,

chuck.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles/OP to SJI?

Here are some pages on Whidbey (note the spelling) Island. Yes, it is worth it...

Whidbey Island (Great day or more getaway that is iconic of the Pacific NW, with key websites.)

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58824-s2/Whidbey-Isl…

Ebey’s Landing State Park

nps.gov/PWR/customcf/apps/maps/showmap.cfm…

5. Re: Ferry from Port Angeles/OP to SJI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Friday Harbor