We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Glorietta?

Texas City, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant in Glorietta?

My friend is looking for "the" great restaurant in Glorietta - anyone know the name of it?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,866 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Glorietta?

There was a place called Renate's, not sure if it is still open. I think I read it closed and last time I drove by (a month ago) there were no signs and it looked closed.

Glorieta is basically an exit off the interstate, a Baptist Church and Conference center and some houses.

Mentioned in this post
Glorieta
Glorieta
New Mexico
New Mexico
Level Contributor
897 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Glorietta?

I just tried Renate's phone number and it was disconnected. Too bad. It was a cute place serving German Style food.

As CasaAzul mentioned, Glorietta does not have much there. About 5ish miles away is the town of Pecos. One suggestion is Frankies at the Casanova. located on Main street. Left side as you approach from Glorietta.

If you are headed North(on Rt 25) from Glorietta, there is a fantastic restaurant called La Risa Cafe. EXCELLENT food. Very quaint.

http://www.elvalle.com/larisa/

It is in Ribera, NM . Exit 323 (Villanueva) . About 20 mins from Glorietta. Worth the drive. Great state Park in vicinity.

Mentioned in this post
Pecos
Pecos
New Mexico
Ribera
Ribera
New Mexico
Villanueva
Villanueva
New Mexico
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
746 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Glorietta?

I agree about La Risa Cafe.

The drive there from I40 to Santa Fe was picturesque and very enjoyable, as was the cafe.

4. Re: Restaurant in Glorietta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 00:16