We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Santa Fe

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
October in Santa Fe

Five couples are planning a trip to

Santa Fe in October at the same time the balloon festival is taking place in Albuquerque. Should we make lodging reservations now or can we wait a few months ? Any suggestions as where to stay, we do not need anything fancy, just clean.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,782 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Santa Fe

You may not have a huge selection if you wait until the end of summer/early fall, but I am sure you will be able to find something if you book this early/mid summer. What is your budget? There are many places of all prices.

Check on www.santafe.org for descriptions of lodging, and reservations.

Look at El Rey Inn, Santa Fe Sage Inn, Inn of the Governors, are a few that pop into mind right now.

Have fun.

minnesota
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Santa Fe

el farolito bed and breakfast is fantastic. only a few blocks from the plaza

www.farolito.com

LA
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Santa Fe

Check out this website for condos that might accommodate your group: www.vacationrentalsantafe.com

We were 3 couples and stayed at one of the condos and it was really reasonable and a great location. The manager was very helpful with restaurant information and things to do. It was my first trip to Santa Fe and I can't wait to go back! Ande

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October in Santa Fe

I would book by early summer at the latest. It get's pretty busy for balloon festival. By the way, I highly recommend you make the one hour trip to Albuquerque to check out the balloon festival for at least one mass ascension, there's nothing like it. I'm still amazed by it, even after 20 years +.

5. Re: October in Santa Fe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 09:19