We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Small Santa Fe Wedding-need advice!

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
4 posts
Save Topic
Planning Small Santa Fe Wedding-need advice!

I am looking for an intimate location for a small wedding in Santa Fe (about 30-40 people), and just don't want to go to one of the typical ballroom places. We found the Hacienda Dona Andrea and the Hacienda Del Cerezo, but neither seem close enough to downtown for guests to be able to wander around on their own if they wanted to. Anyone been to either location? Are these good places for a destination wedding? Unfortunately neither location would lodge every guest, so there would be people who would have to go elsewhere to stay overnight, and I don't want to have to send people very far. Any ideas of other places that sound like they may fit? Small, intimate, private, live in Santa Fe, so I have to find a few places and then go visit once we have a better idea. Thanks for your input!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Small Santa Fe Wedding-need advice!

I wish I could help more... I know nothing about those places.. haven't even heard of them. When I searched online I found that Hacienda Dona Andrea is located well outside of Santa Fe in Cerrillos. Hacienda Del Cerezo is northwest of town.. also not near town.

Possibly look at Hyde State Park, the Audubon Center, some of the large galleries.. Mettucci and Peters, La Posada Hotel, etc....

Colorado
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Small Santa Fe Wedding-need advice!

Thanks I'll check those places out too!

Colorado
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Small Santa Fe Wedding-need advice!

Anyone been to either Hacinda Dona Andrea, Hacienda del Cerezo or Bishops Lodge? Which one would you say is better for a small intimate wedding of 40 people? I really want an authentic Santa Fe location.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
723 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Small Santa Fe Wedding-need advice!

Have you tried searching this forum for other wedding posts?

If not, try typing in "wedding" and "small wedding" in the white box under the green banner and to the right of "Santa Fe..."

I did a quick check and it appears there is some helpful information. Perhaps you can get some ideas and post back with more questions.

Best wishes and good luck in your planning!

Have you decided on a date? That will make a difference in cost of accomodations. Certain months are extremly busy in Santa Fe.

5. Re: Planning Small Santa Fe Wedding-need advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 02:19