We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has any one hiked here?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Has any one hiked here?

blm.gov/nm/…kasha_katuwe_tent_rocks.html

We found this site and it looks really interesting. Might be worth a half day? How easy is the road??

We will be there on the 23rd-25

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has any one hiked here?

Simply amazing place. The finest examples of tent rocks I've seen anywhere in the southwest.

Its all paved road into the site and a half day should be more than ample time to fully explore.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has any one hiked here?

Tent rocks is certainly worth checking out, and well worth the entry fee. Pack a lunch, take some water, and have a nice hike!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
875 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has any one hiked here?

LOVE LOVE LOVE This place. Very Beautiful. Very unique. If the day is going to be hot, be sure to get an early start. It will be hotter at Tent Rocks, than Santa Fe.

As Bluecar said...bring lots of water (and a picnic) Nice tables and area for lunch. No restaurants in the area.

A little correction to TimToad. 5 miles from the pay gate to the parking lot is dirt (not paved) but it is in really good condition.

The road from the parking lot to the Outlook is in rougher shape. (but doable)!

Have fun!!

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has any one hiked here?

Thanks for the correction Whitecar, I guess the unpaved part was in such good shape compared to a lot of the roads I find myself on exploring around here that it didn't register with me.

In other words, if it isn't as bad as the road into Chaco, I consider it paved. LOL

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has any one hiked here?

Thanks. I think we will probably do this. I remember that awesful road into Chaco canyon and that was 10 years ago LOL.

6. Re: Has any one hiked here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 17:20