We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulips Restaurant in Santa Fe

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
744 posts
Save Topic
Tulips Restaurant in Santa Fe

Can anyone recommend Tulip's?

Other than Cafe Pascual, The Shed, Inn at the Anasazi, Casa Sena, Santacafe, and Maria's, what would you recommend for

1. a special dinner

2. a non-touristy place?

Thank you!

Santa Fe Mountain Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Enchanted Journeys de Santa Fe
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Loretto Line
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Santa Fe Art Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Sherman
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulips Restaurant in Santa Fe

Counter Culture on Baca St. is informal, family friendly and off beat. The best way to describe it is gourmet food and presentation in a post modern industrial warehouse type setting. You place your order at the counter and the meal is delivered to your table, great wine is served in juice glasses and the desserts are to die for. The menu is eclectic and best of all prices are very reasonable. A fun and different evening out!

Peter

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulips Restaurant in Santa Fe

Tulips is definately one of the best restaurants in Santa Fe. The Elk medallions are to die (live) for!

United States
Level Contributor
89 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulips Restaurant in Santa Fe

Tulip's is good food, but somewhat pricey.

It is a small, cozy restaurant. The last time

I was there the service was somewhat poor.

Try The Compound, Ristra, 315 and for non-touristy food the locals eat, Harry's Roadhouse or Bobcat Bite.

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulips Restaurant in Santa Fe

Yes Tulips can be pricey but Ristra and the Compound are even higher!

The last time we ate at the compound we were extremely disapointed - We dined at Geronimos the following evening, it was far superior.

Still I have to say - nothing compares to the Elk at Tulips! My partner is a Chef and we are food snobs!

Bobcat Bite sure does have the best burgers west of the Mississippi!

Santa Fe, NM
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulips Restaurant in Santa Fe

Special Dinner= Fuego at La Posada if it's Elk we want to talk about, look no further than the Sika Deer at Fuego, while you'd have to call them to get all the details, they get it from a special ranch in Texas, and it's as good or better than any Elk I've had anywhere.

Non-touristy= Guadaloupe Cafe (while I know some of you may argue this place is extremely busy and therefore touristy, it doesn't cater to tourists like say Blue Corn Cafe or Tomasitas, where the food is dulled down or made boring.) The chiles are still hot, and the food is delicious. Also La Choza is another non-touristy spot and if you wants sawdust on the floor non-touristy (figure of speech, there is no sawdust on the floor) Horseman's Haven is a seedy spot with the hottest chile you'll ever find.