We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Sante Fe

michigan
Level Contributor
234 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in Sante Fe

I have looked over the top hotels for the area...but $400-$600 a night is a bit too steep. We are looking for a fun, comfortable, clean place for $200 range. Has anyone stayed at the Hilton? What about staying in Taos? Is that a better choice during the summer off season?

Also, we are looking at doing the Four Corners area...any recommendations about must sees? We have been to Grand Canyon (lower rim and Monument Valley) Is Page (Lake Powell and Grand Canyon upper rim...four corners....Sante Fe area doable in 8 days? I was thinking 3 days GC/Lake Powell...5 days Sante Fe/four corners?

Thanks

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,287 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in Sante Fe

There are many hotels and b&b's in Santa Fe that are in the $200 range. The Hilton is nice. Also Inn of the Governors, St Francis, Hotel Santa Fe.. When are you visiting? Check on www.santafe.org

From Santa Fe to Page AZ is about 8 hours of driving and then another 2 hours to Grand Canyon North Rim. I think a bit far. You may want to consider Durango and then Mesa Verde Nat Park, also Pagosa SPrings. A much easier drive and lots to see and do there as well.

michigan
Level Contributor
234 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in Sante Fe

We are visiting in early August. I understand what you are saying about the drive, but what I was thinking of was staying somewhere in between page and sante fe for one night..to break up the drive. if there is anyplace you can recommend that might be worth seeing? When we travel we usually try to cover a lot of ground usually between 1500-2000 miles. Do you think Messa Verde is a must see?

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in Sante Fe

We loved our visit to Mesa Verde it's a beautiful NP we stayed at the lodge in the park and it was a nice place ,would love to go back there one day.

We have stayed in a variety of places in Santa Fe and we did stay at the Inn of the Governors one year and it was very nice and the breakfast buffet that's included in the rate is very good and the bar there Del Charo is very popular with the local residents.

Edited: 15 June 2010, 03:31
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in Sante Fe

I dont' recommend the hilton. too... hilton-y. But definitely stay in santa fe and close to downtown.

my very favorite place is

http://innonthealameda.com/

they were so sweet when i stayed there. now i live here and that's where i send my family to stay: it's the only really great affordable place downtown.

5. Re: hotels in Sante Fe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 06:16