We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
halliedee
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

We are going to NM in May and plan to fly into ABQ and then stay for 5 nights. I have been researching and am not sure about the following: Should we stay the first night in ABQ or just take the Turquoise Trail right into Santa Fe? Where to stay in Santa Fe? We are considering spending 2 or 3 nights in Santa Fe and drive to Taos to hike and Balloon Ride? Is this a good plan? Please help. We like rustic, cozy, and natural.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,848 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

I would head to Santa Fe when you arrive, spend 3 nights, 1 night in Taos and then 1 night in Abq. So many places to stay. What is your price range? How many people? Do you want hotel, casita, b&b? Check www.santafe.org

You can also hike in Santa Fe.

halliedee
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, head right out to SF. Do we need to spend any nights in ABQ? Our price range for lodging is up to $250 and any accommodation that is not too commercial and offers comfort and a rustic flare.

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

I'm doing this from my phone and so don't have access to my saved links. But if you search for Inns of Distinction in Santa Fe you'll find a nice listing of some excellent B&B's. Personally, I've stayed twice at The Madeleine and loved it. Will be doing so again this summer.

Keith

(found it: http://www.santafeinns.com/ )

Edited: 04 April 2011, 20:21
West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

I'm doing this from my phone and so don't have access to my saved links. But if you search for Inns of Distinction in Santa Fe you'll find a nice listing of some excellent B&B's. Personally, I've stayed twice at The Madeleine and loved it. Will be doing so again this summer.

Keith

(found it: http://www.santafeinns.com/ )

Edited: 04 April 2011, 20:21
halliedee
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

Thanks for the link to the Inns of Distinction...they look great. What are your thoughts regarding spending the first night in ABQ, we are suppose to arrive about 1130 or heading up to SF.

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

This may not be a helpful reply...either / or!

I love ABQ. I love Santa Fe. I love Taos. With only five days you can't lose whatever you choose. It just depends on your priority as to what you want to see and experience.

Keith

7. Re: New Mexico - where to go and where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 11:17