We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodge at Sante Fe

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Topic
Lodge at Sante Fe

I was shocked at the reasonable prices at this place. The reviews are really good and all the pics look wonderful. We don't need to be near the plaza, but don't want to be in some chain on the interstate. Is this place too good to be true?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
848 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

I am going there tonight for a show. I will report back to you tomorrow...

But it is not a chain on the interstate. It is owned/managed by the same group as Hotel St. Francis and Plaza Real.

I think they just had a renovation.

The Lodge is not walking distance to the Plaza so that accounts in part for the lower rate...

Will add some info tomorrow after I look around !

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

I haven't stayed there, but I've driven past it many many times over the many years. It is a great location. Formerly another hotel. You are a short distance to plaza via Guadalupe. It is owned by same people as Nativo (north I-25 corridor in Albuquerque) and Hotel Albuquerque (Old Town), both of which are often recommended here at TA, and the St. Francis in Santa Fe (which I think was their original property). A small, "local" chain; however, each hotel is unique and distinctive, usually a revamp of a previously existing hotel property. They seem to be doing things right.

Not to be confused with Bishop's Lodge, north of the Santa Fe plaza, a resort.

Edited: 21 June 2011, 20:53
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

Looked at the websites. You may have a great find. Noticed the resident restaurant is Los Cuates, which began on Lomas near the university in Albuquerque, opened another restaurant on east Menaul, and is so new (about a month) at the Lodge at Santa Fe that is doesn't yet appear on the restaurant's own website. Los Cuates here is good, casual, family style, New Mexican. One of our favorites here. The Lodge also seems to be promoting some distinctive entertainment.

Edited: 21 June 2011, 21:14
Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

We were up there for the opening of Los Cuates, great salsa, great view, good service. We walked through the lodge and the staff was nice and the lobby area was clean, parking is free and it's away from the bustle, I would stay there.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

Thanks all!!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,709 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

You can walk to De Vargas Mall area, for groceries, shopping etc and then catch a bus to the Plaza. Have a great trip!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
848 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

I did go there last night. I did not see a room so I can't comment on that but the Hotel looked very good. Very nice Pool area. Fantastic views and a New Mexican Restaurant on site. If the price is right and you are ok with not being walking distance to the Plaza, then I would go for it...

They also have a theatre there that performs Flamenco. I saw the show last night and it was FANTASTIC! Such energy, great dancing!!

http://juansiddiflamenco.com/

I recommend the show whether or not you stay at the Lodge!!

8. Re: Lodge at Sante Fe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 20:19