We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with choosing between three hotels for January

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Help with choosing between three hotels for January

I am planning on giving my husband a surprise trip for Christmas and we will be coming in mid to late January for our long weekend in Santa Fe...he's been here before but I havent and I am having a hard time deciding between: Inn on the Alameda, Don Gaspar's Inn or La Fonda on the Plaza. Any suggestions or comments from those that have been there or live there? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Alameda
Alameda
New Mexico
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,407 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choosing between three hotels for January

We loved Inn on the Alameda -- nicely appointed rooms, free breakfast, and close to the Plaza for convenience (10 minute or less walk), but far enough from the Plaza so that it was quiet at night. La Fonda is the classic old hotel and right on the Plaza, but not having stayed there, don't know what the rooms are like.

Mentioned in this post
Alameda
Alameda
New Mexico
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,407 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Franklin, Tn.
Level Contributor
68 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choosing between three hotels for January

Our favorite is Inn on the Alameda, easy walk to both Plaza and Canyon Rd. Staff is wonderful, rooms are great, nice breakfast!

Mentioned in this post
Alameda
Alameda
New Mexico
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,407 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
470 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choosing between three hotels for January

I've stayed at La Fonda three times and loved it. It's an historic hotel right on the plaza. I think you would like it. Inn on the Alameda looks very nice but be sure you ask for a quiet room (La Fonda, too) as they both have traffic.

Enjoy!

Janie

Mentioned in this post
Alameda
Alameda
New Mexico
4. Re: Help with choosing between three hotels for January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 03:16