We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Missouri
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Hello! We are visiting Sante Fe this coming week and I've bookmarked many places to eat through past forum questions but I'm wondering which restaurants are best for breakfast, lunch or dinner? We are staying in a private rental and don't plan to cook (it's vacation!). I'd love any recommendations on how decide which restaurants we should visit for which meals.Thanks!

Chappell Hill, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Breakfast--Tia Sophia's at 210 W. San Francisco St. is a must for Santa Fe style breakfast. Be sure to arrive hungry!

We don't do lunch usually since we eat a BIG breakfast mid morning.

Dinner--Geronimo's on Canyon Rd. is our favorite for a special dinner. Check out the website at http://www.geronimorestaurant.com/

Another dinner favorite is Restaurant Martin at 526 Galisteo St.

Have a wonderful and delicious trip!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Your post should generate a lot of suggestion. Check out The Pantry, especially for breakfast. Good food, reasonable prices, not overrun with tourists.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,215 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Breakfast places - Tecolote, Tune Up Cafe (also lunch), and Clafoutis French Bakery & Restaurant

Lunch - way too many but here's a few that are worth looking for San Francisco Street Bar and Grill, La Choza, Il Vicino, Tomasitas, Junction Cafe (new www.junctionsantafe.com)

Green Chile Cheese Burgers - Berts Burger Bowl, Lota Burger, Del Charro, Horseman's Haven, Bobcat Bite

Casual dinner - La Plazuela at La Fonda, Maria's, El Farol,

Steaks - Vanessie, The Bull Ring and Rio Chama

Fine dining - Compound

Desserts - the courtyard at La Casa Sena!

Also check out menus of many more places at http://www.santafelunch.com/

Jenks, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

I will second Geronimo for a nice dinner. Bobcat Bite for a great burger. Chocolate Maven for breakfast. Maria's for casual dinner. We have been coming to Santa Fe every fall for 6 or 7 years and had never eaten at the Shed. We stopped there for lunch this year and really enjoyed it. Will definitely go back. Went to Cowgirl and was not impressed.

Warwick , New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

We enjoyed the Pantry on our recent visit. Dinner was excellent, not fancy but has been in business since 1948.

Bev

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

My vote goes to Tecolote for breakfast. Large portions, great red and green on the burritos, and fresh baked muffins and rolls. Also try their corn beef hash if you don't want New Mexican.

We like a little place off the beaten path for lunch or dinner: Los Amigos on Rodeo Road about 3/4 mile east of the mall. Great authentic New Mexican food at a reasonable price. And, we like it that most of the items come in a small and large plate, so if you don't eat a lot, you can opt for the small.

We also like the Zia Diner. It has had good and bad reviews, but we have always had a good meal there. Try the meatloaf with pinon and green chili.

Phoenix, AZ USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

Rather than write a new question along this line in the forum, I'll ask it here and hope it still generates answers.

Same question as originally posted, but with the caveat that I don't like Mexican food or chilies. Would you still recommend the same places for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

I'm especially interested in hearing about places that I've seen mentioned on the Food Network over the past few years.

Thanks a lot!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,215 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

It would be best to ask a new question, many people don't go back and read posts they already commented on!

There are many options that are not Mexican cuisine. Pranzo and Osteria d'Assisi great for Italian. Steaks at Vanessie, Bull Ring, Rio Chama.

Check on www.santafe.org and www.santafelunch.com for more ideas.

9. Re: Sante Fe dining: Best for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 18:16