We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

Hi! I was thinking of taking a trip to Sante Fe and I have a nice week off at Thanksgiving. Will anything be open on Thanksgiving? Will there be any restaurants open? Also, how dog friendly is it? I was hoping to bring my 2 dogs. Thanks for any information you can give!!

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

I spent Thanksgiving in Santa Fe last year and will do so again this year. Here's a link to my trip report which may provide you some help. (I can't help with the dog question).

tripadvisor.com/…30362462

Keith

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

Thanks, Keith! Your post about your Thanksgiving trip is very helpful!!

Anyone else out there know about dogs travelling in Sante Fe?

Alisa

Taos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
644 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

Santa Fe is a pretty dog-friendly place. We always recommend any place in Northern New Mexico for Thanksgiving. It's pretty wonderful as winter starts to tease at the landscape. It's sort of the beginning of the Winter Season in these parts and there will be some spectacular pre-Christmas things starting up.

Taos Ski Valley opens on Thanksgiving Day every year if you're into such things.

You can check out the New Mexico B&B Association website for listings of pet-friendly Inns and there are a few websites like BringFido.com that purport to help.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

Plenty of places to stay with your dogs and even a few restaurants allow dogs on the patios, but it probably will be too cold to eat outside in the evenings. Everything will be open except for on Thanksgiving day when shops will be closed.

There are many restaurants open on Thanksgiving including all of those at hotels. Check www.santafe.org and look at places that sound good. Most of their websites will say if they are open or not.

Dogs are welcome many places in town. The Plaza area always has dogs visiting and hanging out with their owners. Temps can be warm or chilly so please don't leave your pups in the car - it can be too hot or too cold.

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

Hi there,

I hope I'm not being too presumptuous, but I work at one of the downtown Santa Fe hotels, we're pet friendly. I would be delighted to assist you with accommodations (we have some really great rates -- right now fall 30% off special) and dinner reservations. Feel free to call me: 505-984-7977 (my direct number). My name's Guin...I'm happy to help.

6. Re: Thanksgiving in Sante Fe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 05:17