We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

Can anyone reccomend a centrally located place to stay? We are coming June7-12, three women over 55 for a girls trip, and as this is our first visit, we have looked at these, but have no idea of the location, and I know we need to book soon. Any help would be appreciated.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
379 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

If you could give an idea of your budget, and any other criteria you have, I'm sure the Santa Fe DE's would be happy to help.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,215 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

I would look at B&B's close to the Plaza. There are some B&B's that also have small casitas that would fit your group. Look at Chapelle Street casitas.net/santa-fe-vacation-rentals.html , Del Toro http://www.casadeltoro.com/

Also check www.santafe.org for all the different lodging options.

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
480 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

Personally, we have not had much success with VRBO when trying to book a place to stay in Santa Fe and we almost always stay in a casita or condo since our son travels with us (3 adults). Check santafe.org and look for descriptions that say "walking distance to the Plaza". This will get you close to everything without having to drive so much. Parking can be an issue in Santa Fe, especially in the summer months with so much going on. So, being able to park and walk is a must.

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

We are thinking Condo, and with three of us $200-225 a night. would like 2 bedrooms..but not necessarily 2 baths....Some say walking distance, but since they don't have an address we can't see where they are.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
379 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

If you have checked out the above links and found a few possibilities, I would suggest calling or emailing the properties that you think might work and asking for an address so you can map the actual location.

Taos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
644 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

The B&B's in Santa Fe are among the best in the world. With travelers coming from everywhere around the globe, they work hard to accommodate all kinds of combinations of guests, including "girl trippers" who have a measure of independence, but want a safe place to stay. Although Santa Fe is considered a safe town, the safety associated with the B&B environment fits some more than others. Having breakfast included in the price of a room is a great value as well since most walkable places are going to be expensive at any meal.

Santa Fe Inns of Distinction is a great place to start looking at B&B's. www.santafeinns.com.

If you're wanting the completely independent feel of the condo, TripAdvisor.com has some listings with reviews that can assist a little more with locations. Most such places are overseen by property management companies or even B&B's since licenses are required by the City.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

All the post have given you some options and good advice.

Myself I have used VRBO with great success in Santa Fe. It just keeps getting better each time! Done it 3 times. You get a local feel staying in a home.

When you see a listing you like, CALL them and ask for the address of property. While you have them on the phone get all the details: condo? house? yard? Stairs? is there a balcony? gas or electric? Kiva? are the neighbors friendly.? is there parking off street? Anything that isnt in the ad and verify what is. Some VRBO owners want you so bad they lower the rates. ESp when they see you are mature Ladies who wont be loud ect. After you choose one-Also ask them for a written contract with the dates and the rates that you are going to pay. They can email it. That is what Ive done. For myself, i like VRBO better cuz , I like my privacy. rather than a B&B.

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

Thank you all, the advice has been very helpful!

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
480 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

If you find one (condo or B&B) you are really interested in, please let us know - I'm sure someone on this forum. can tell you where it is and if it's in a safe area, close to restaurants, etc. One thing I like about dealing with the property management co. instead of an individual owner is they are there in SF. I make one phone call and it's done. Your price range should not be an issue. Hope this helps.

10. Re: Bed and Breakfast and VRBO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2013, 10:18