We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hillside vs Guadalupe/Railyard for 8 day stay?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hillside vs Guadalupe/Railyard for 8 day stay?

Hi -- Can someone provide some comparison between the pros/cons of staying in the Hillside area vs. Guadalupe/Railyard area? Is there not much of a difference really? I might be overthinking this.

I'm coming to Santa Fe by myself for about 8 nights in August. I'm renting a casita/apartment, and there are two I'm torn between.

I'm mostly looking to just get away and spend some time in another place. Probably take some day trips, but mostly just looking to get some rest and walk around, people watch, eat.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hillside
Hillside
4 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
New Mexico
Level Contributor
897 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hillside vs Guadalupe/Railyard for 8 day stay?

Not sure where the "hillside" area is. Do you know the street name?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hillside vs Guadalupe/Railyard for 8 day stay?

Hillside Avenue

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hillside vs Guadalupe/Railyard for 8 day stay?

Both are good. depends what you want. Hillside is more "residential" but within a 5-10 min. or so walk to Plaza. It's fairly quiet, near Cross of Martyrs. Railyard area has been newly developed. Many shops, restaurants, galleries, SF Farmer's Market, etc. The terminal of the Railrunner train to ABQ. Its a fairly lively area (esp. in daytime), about 10-15 min. walk to Plaza.

Mentioned in this post
Hillside
Hillside
4 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,409 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hillside vs Guadalupe/Railyard for 8 day stay?

Thanks so much. I've basically answered my own questions at this point and have decided on the Railyard location. I think both would be fine, but I do like the idea of being around more, at least for this trip. I appreciate the feedback.

5. Re: Hillside vs Guadalupe/Railyard for 8 day stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:17