We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Fe and Sedona

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Fe and Sedona

Is it possible to explore both within a 6 day trip...does it make sense to fly into flagstaff and drive to both areas?

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Fe and Sedona

I think most people would recommend against it. Generally it's difficult to combine northern New Mexico and northern Arizona on the same trip if it's on the short side. That said, only you know your tolerance for 'road time'.

It's 411 miles between the two cities and according to Google maps should take about 6.5 hours to drive.

Other things to consider, depending on where you're flying from it may be cheaper to fly into Albuquerque or Phoenix. Santa Fe is also an option. You'll want to decide if you'll fly into one city and out another, realizing that there will likely be large drop off charges for your rental car. This would mean you only drive once between the destinations rather than twice, but it will be more expensive.

Personally? I wouldn't do it. For you? It might be perfect.

Keith

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Fe and Sedona

I have to agree with KthSch....6 days and you could have a really nice trip at and around either....both would really be pushing it, but then again, I'm a "stop and smell the roses" kinda guy.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Fe and Sedona

This is the time of year the car rental agencies are moving cars to areas that have more seasonal demand... Should you wish to fly into PHX and visit Sedona...You might just find a agency that wants units moved to Santa Fe/ Albuquerque... That be the case, you might avoid a "drop off fee" Shop around !!! carracar

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Fe and Sedona

Flying into Flagstaff you'll be close to Grand Canyon NP. Have you already been there?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Fe and Sedona

Bery helpful!!! Thanks! Two trips it is!

6. Re: Santa Fe and Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:41