We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Around Santa Fe?

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Camping Around Santa Fe?

Taking a long weekend mid-May to the Santa Fe area...leaving noonish Friday from Denver, expecting 5.5 hr drive, leaving Santa Fe area following Monday morning. I would love to camp, but am driving a little Toyota Spyder convertible....so no 4-wheel roads for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also if there are any gems of restaurants or 1/2 day hikes in the area that you would recommend.

Never been before, but need my desert fix! (Usually make an annual trip to camp in Canyonlands, Moab to give you an idea, but looking to switch things up a bit this year.)

Thanks!!

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Around Santa Fe?

There is some easy access camping on Hwy 475 just outside of Santa Fe heading towards the ski area. Here's the link, I think one may be under construction. www.fs.fed.us/r3/sfe/recreation/camping.html

You may also want to look in to Ten Thousand Waves it's in the same area and they have funky rooms that are very reasonable and nice hot springs to soak in.

As for food The Old House and Geronimo have great little bars to get food at if you want high end food without sitting at a table. Bumble Bee and Cowgirl Hall of Fame are good for a quick bite. Have Fun! DM