We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time with Baby

muleshoe,tx
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
First Time with Baby

We finally after living in Nm for 3 year will be venturing over to Santa Fe. We will also be toting our very gracious 10m old and are looking for some things to do. I have arranged a hike already with her jogger AT stroller, but did not know where to go from there. I can be sure that we will walk around the Plaza. We love to just stroll and walk. She is relatively flexible for a babe however we would like her to be in bed at her normal time, but want to enjoy dinner before hand. So suggestion for "funky" ( we like real, eclectic food) with an early opening, and kid friendly aka we wont be getting stared down for having her?

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,430 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
480 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time with Baby

Most of the restaurants in SF are family friendly and stay open all day. I think The Shed closes after lunch and reopens at 5 or 5:30??? Make a reservation there.

Others: Tomasitas, Zia Diner, Blue Corn Cafe, Bumble Bee's, Plaza Diner, Upper Crust Pizza, Atomic Grill, La Choza, The Pantry, Castros, Harry's Roadhouse...many more I'm forgetting.

Have a fun trip!

Mentioned in this post
The Shed
The Shed
4,005 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Tomasita's Restaurant
Tomasita's Restaurant
2,214 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Blue Corn Cafe
Blue Corn Cafe
1,282 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Upper Crust Pizza
Upper Crust Pizza
517 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
La Choza
La Choza
1,162 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Harry's Roadhouse
Harry's Roadhouse
1,291 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time with Baby

I take my 2-year old regularly to the Santa Fe Children's Museum and they have a good play area there for little ones to crawl around, do puzzles, climb soft padded shapes. If you go early to the Plaza the little one can watch the pigeons and, maybe, feed some crumbs from breakfast leftovers. The downtown Public Library has a great children's room with lots of stuffed animals, puzzles, and reading time at 11 a.m. on Fridays. Oh, and do walk by Doodlets on the corner of Don Gaspar and Water St. to enjoy the bubble machine set up beside their door. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
The Santa Fe Suites
The Santa Fe Suites
510 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,430 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,885 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time with Baby

Del Charro is great for families, many locals head there. You can't be in the bar, but on the heated/cooled patio. Great and cheap food.

Also you can walk/stroller up Canyon Road and in the Railyard area.

Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Canyon Road
Canyon Road
3,451 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time with Baby

All good suggestions. Funky but not particularly eclectic. I might add Cowgirl BBQ simply because it has an outdoor children's play area in the back...unique...but then you'd be stuck out there, too, while the music is up front. The Shed and Tomasita's are two of our favorite kid-friendly funky places. Del Charro is great for a good, bargain priced, family friendly meal, and the adjoining Inn of the Governors has accommodation packages that include credit in that restaurant (as well as a pretty darn good hot breakfast, too). I've taken babies and toddlers into many fancier (more eclectic) places at off hours...late lunches particularly, or "first seating", and it's always worked. I also look for patios and balconies. Several choices there. Santacafe comes to mind, a bit on the pricier side. The multiple star, deservedly so, Inn of the Anasazi has a front porch with its own toned down menu, beer and wine, etc., near plaza, nice street side scene, and they have been spectacularly gracious with our kids.

Edited: 22 August 2012, 15:26
Mentioned in this post
Cowgirl BBQ
Cowgirl BBQ
1,651 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Tomasita's Restaurant
Tomasita's Restaurant
2,214 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Inn of the Governors
Inn of the Governors
1,759 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santacafe
Santacafe
766 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Anasazi Restaurant
Anasazi Restaurant
562 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
muleshoe,tx
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time with Baby

Thanks everyone for the great responses!

6. Re: First Time with Baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 05:15