We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

What's the best place to shop for one in Santa Fe?

TIA

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,221 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

I guess it depends on what kind of jean jacket. We have stores from Walmart to high end that sell jackets.

Our mall has Penneys, Sears, Dillards and a western clothing store. There also are used clothing stores in the Railyard area that have vintage jean jackets. More expensive "designer" type jackets in and around the Plaza and Canyon Road. We do have a Chicos near the Railyard.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

just walk around the downtown plaza, many boutiques and stores. there is one called spirit--try it!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

I agree with what has been said, but I think the Western Warehouse (if it is open) is good.

Double Take, a higher end used clothing store stocks some very interesting western clothing, often quite chic, if that's what you want.

http://www.santafedoubletake.com

You also might want to check out Cowboyz, although it is more boots than clothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxfWzACrnM

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

Thanks for the tips. She's looking for something more traditional than ornate. These are some good leads.

winston salem, nc
Level Contributor
223 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

I'm sure she'll have no problem finding what she wants. I can't wait to go and am thinking I need to leave my credit card back in the room. lol

Level Contributor
17 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

Hope I'm not too late. The "Boot Barn" in the mall (Santa Fe Place) will give you the best deals for traditional western wear.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

Thanks. Not too late. We're not going to be in Santa Fe/Sedona until late October, early November.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,221 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

I did see some nice jean jackets at a couple of shops at the Fashion Outlets on the south end of Cerrillos right off I25.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

Kowboyz it was. Great tip NYNM! And the price was fantastic! $35 for a 1940s vintage jacket. Just what she was looking for.

10. Re: Wife Wants a Jean Jacket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:18