We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Santa Fe

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
797 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Santa Fe

We will be staying in Santa Fe during the Memorial Day weekend. I am considering Inn on the Almeda, Inn of the Governors, El Farolito, and Hotel Santa Fe. I am looking for a hotel with a Santa Fe type style instead of just a plain chain looking hotel. I prefer one that is close to the main tourist areas (we want to see Loretto Chapel, Governors Palace, Canyon Road,St. Francis Cathedral, etc). I am not sure if traffic and parking are a problem there. It would be nice to have free parking. I also prefer breakfast included. We tend to get up early so an early breakfast is great. I am trying to be specific enough to help you. I checked into prices and Inn on the Alameda and Inn of the Governors are similar in price, but Inn of the Governors seems to be closer and they give a $25 food credit and breakfast is at 6:30am. El Farolito looks nice, but I am not sure if you have to wait until after 8am for breakfast. Thank you for your help.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

We stayed at the Inn of the Governors for 2 nights and found it very convenient. Parking was free and that was a plus.

jjo
Chicago
Level Contributor
492 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

If you're interested in a B&B, we stayed at the wonderful Antigua Inn: just a few blocks from the Plaza, free parking, great personal service and a terrific breakfast at 8:00.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

How is Hotel Santa Fe? Any experience with that?

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

I also thought of the Inn of the Governor. As far as the B& B, we will be on the road early so the earlier the breakfast the better. 8am would probably be too late for us. I think Inn of the Governor breakfast starts at 6:30am. Thank you.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

All of your options sound like good choices. You might also consider Las Palomas, where several of my family members have stayed. It has that old Santa Fe feel that you're looking for and free breakfast as well.

dallas
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

If you really want the "Santa Fe type style," as you say, plus convenience to the tourist spots, why not try La Fonda? You can't get any SantaFe'er than that.

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
480 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

Sounds like Inn of the Governors is your best bet, with early breakfast service included. I believe their parking is free and, while we have not stayed there, it has received good reviews.

There are some good restaurants in the Plaza area that serve breakfast as well - Tia Sophia's and the Plaza Diner are both an easy walk but I'm not sure how early they open - maybe 7AM?

Santa Fe is a very laid back town. Things happen at a more leisurely pace there, as I have to remind myself. We are early risers as well - time difference too.

Another option may be a vacation rental? You could have breakfast at your place when you want and then go out and enjoy the sights - many are within walking distance to the Plaza, Canyon Road, etc.

Hope you have a great trip!

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

Thank you. It looks like Inn of the Governors will be best. You are right that the time difference is a factor as well and I have prediabetes so it is hard for me to wait to eat. Thank you for all your suggestions.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

We recently returned from a trip to northern NM, and had a terrific stay at Campanilla Compound in Santa Fe:

campanillacompound.com/Campanilla_Santa_Fe/W…

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 story unit, with much more space than we would have had in 2 hotel rooms, including a living room, dining room, kitchen with modern appliances, 2 bathrooms, decks, porches, patios. The adobe style homes have ceiling vigas, kiva fireplaces, saltillo tiles, and fully furnished kitchen. It is a very comfortable, attractive, and very relaxing place to stay.

The plaza is 4 blocks away, and we walked it easily. We also found plenty of parking places when we drove to restaurants in the evening. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. We recommend it very highly.

All the best, alashas www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2southwest

Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Santa Fe

Before making any reservations at the hotels you mentioned please look into The Old Santa Fe Inn, it is extremely cozy,clean and has the best free breakfast in Santa Fe,it's close to all downtown attractions all you have to do is walk out your door and head three blocks to reach the Plaza,Loretto Chapel and great shops. Have Fun!