We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I get info about the shuttle?

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
572 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
how do I get info about the shuttle?

We are staying in a house 3/4 mile from the plaza. We would like to know how we can get a ride home at night after dinner (I hear taxis are hard to come by.) Is the shuttle just rotating around the city non stop or is there any customization? Is it like a bus route? Just trying to strategize our situation for optimal effect. thanks

New Mexico
Level Contributor
848 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

It would be helpful to know what major street you will be near so I can tailor this information more specifically.

We have 1 Taxi Company. Capital Cab. 505-438-0000. You have to call for it when you want it. You will not hail a cab on the street. If you call on the spot- the cab may or may not be available ..you may have to wait. (awhile) But if you call ahead and request a cab for a particular time- you won't have any trouble.

Santa Fe Pick Up is a free shuttle bus that does a loop around the city.

Here is the info copied from their website:

Two shuttles run from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday. There is a continuous circulating shuttle that picks up or drops off at each designated stop approximately every 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon traffic conditions. There is no Sunday service.

Each shuttle features a graphic of a classic red pickup truck next to an adobe house with mountains in the background,

Map : www.santafenm.gov/DocumentCenter/View/42054

Santa Fe also has a Bus Service. $2.00 for a day pass. http://www.santafenm.gov/?NID=1244

(I would need to know more specifics to give you bus help! )

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
572 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

Thanks so much for your reply, it helps a lot. We will be on E Palace Ave not far from a shuttle stop apparently. What about arriving at the airport...is there an airport shuttle that hooks up with the downtown shuttle? Is that the best way to get into town? Really appreciate the help...Judi

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

Are you flying into Albuquerque or Santa Fe ? On what day of the week?? carracar

Edited: 17 September 2013, 01:02
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
572 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

Arriving Santa Fe tomorrow. Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
572 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

Arriving Santa Fe tomorrow

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,714 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

Sandia Shuttle can bring you up to SF from Abq airport. http://www.sandiashuttle.com/ Call now to make a reservation. Otherwise you could attempt to take the free Railrunner train shuttle from the airport to the train station, then take the Railrunner train to Santa Fe. From there catch the SF Pickup near your lodging.

After dinner either a cab or walk are your only real options. None of the city buses go near your lodging.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

The Roadrunner Shuttle should meet your flight ... Once in town it's public transport or be better served on "shanks mare" carracar

8. Re: how do I get info about the shuttle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:21