We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location?

1 post
Save Topic
Best location?

We are planning a trip here in June. What section is best within walking distance of shops, restaurants, nightlife? Any recommendations on hotels?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,070 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location?

Plan on staying in the downtown area near the Plaza. Also near the Railyard are some lodging options, but not as many restaurants and shops.

What is your budget? Who is visiting? Check www.santafe.org for hotel ideas in your budget and family size and ask more specific questions. Hotel options range from moderate motels to high end hotels and everything in between. Also b&b's and casita/vacation rentals.

santa fe
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location?

By all means, stay downtown around the plaza. It will be a little pricier but you'll be happier and not have to hassle with your car a lot. Let me know your budget and I can advise better about accommodations.

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
206 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best location?

I will also be traveling to Sante Fe in July. We are 3 older active ladies who like to be in the heart of things like museums, restaurants, and shopping. Our budget would be $100-$200. per night if the hotel can accommodate a triple (2 queen beds). Which Plaza hotels should we consider?

Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best location?

Hi! my husband and I like going to Santa Fe in March,the weather is nice,some days snowy, some days extremely pleasant...if your looking for a good place to stay choose Old Santa Fe Inn on Galisteo St.,its about 3-4 blocks from the Plaza,the rates aren't too high and I'm sure they have a room with 2 queen beds. I like how comfortable and safe it feels, they also have a fabulous breakfast buffet with Starbucks coffee, cookies,tea and hot chocolate are always available for their guest in the lobby. During the warmer months guacamole,chips and fajitas are served on their outside patio... this is a place that would be perfect for you ladies..have fun!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best location?

we are staying at Garrett's Desert Inn, it is a few blocks from the plaza but prices are very reasonable.

Franklin, Tn.
Level Contributor
61 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best location?

Inn on the Alameda is the absolute best, a fantastic location, walking distance to Plaza and Canyon Rd. Included is a great breakfast and wonderful happy hour.

Franklin, Tn.
Level Contributor
61 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best location?

Inn on the Alameda is the absolute best, a fantastic location, walking distance to Plaza and Canyon Rd. Included is a great breakfast and wonderful happy hour.

Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
458 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best location?

Give serious consideration to a B&B rather than a hotel.The downtown area, which is quite small considering how famous it is, is more or less ringed with B&Bs that are within easy walking distance of the main downtown attractions if you don't have significant disabilities that affect walking, Although we're basically locals, we do an occasional B&B as a "staycation" and have found pretty well all of them to be comfortable and restful, with breakfasts that are more interesting than what you get at the typical hotel restaurant. Availability of off-street parking at the B&Bs is a real plus since downtown Santa Fe is utterly crazy when it comes to parking. The museums on Museum Hill (Wheelwright, Folk Art, etc.) are not in easy walking distance of the downtown B&Bs, but they're not in easy walking distance of the major hotels, either; plan to drive (in which case the avoidance of the parking problem, and of the insane driving right near the Plaza, is again a plus) or take a bus. B&B prices tend to be "competitive" with the hotels, neither significantly better nor worse.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 23:15
9. Re: Best location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:16