We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport

Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which airport

Any difference flying into Santa Fe or alb airports? Pros or cons

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,113 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport

If the fare is about the same Santa Fe ... Car rentals, may be more dear ... Bargain air and auto rentals are usually found In the larger ALB market... There are shuttles to "town" from both airports. A commuter train connection serves SF-ALB. Once in town(SF) one can get around nicely on foot or using city transportation services ... carracar

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport

Thank you

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport

First time, I flew into ALB. This time (this coming September), I'm trying flying into Santa Fe Airport. I got a great fare. Sandia Shuttle from ALB, though efficient, was too long a ride for my taste. Tired after all the air travel...just want to get to my room quickly!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airport

Thank u

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,900 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airport

The planes flying into Santa Fe are much smaller and there are few flights.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airport

Part of your decision may depend on where you are flying from. ABQ has many more flights in and out, is a hub for Southwest Airlines, and non-stop flights to ABQ are available from several cities. Note: if you *are* interested in flying on Southwest, you will need to check on their website for fares and schedules-- their info is not available on any other site.

New England
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which airport

In April we got the same fare and the same rental car rate flying into SF as we would have for ABQ. It is a very small airport with few flights and certainly not the amenities of a larger airport but that did not matter to us as we have flown into small airports all over the world. If all is comparable on your trip then I would book based on where I wanted to be which is what we did.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which airport

Only a couple airlines fly into Santa Fe: http://www.santafenm.gov/airport Take Sandia Shuttle http://www.sandiashuttle.com/ & be sure to make a reservation. Avoid Roadrunner from the airport. It is not as reliable / you may have to wait a long time for your shuttle to Santa Fe from ABQ airport.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
9. Re: Which airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:16