We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

This is my third trip to Santa Fe. I have never been to these two restaurants. Any preference of one over the other? Which would be better for lunch or dinner? Thanks for your opinions!

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
480 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

I have been to both and definitely prefer The Shed over Maria's. Why? The food is simply better at The Shed, IMHO. Plus, The Shed is located a block from the Plaza, which is better. Also, you must make reservations for The Shed or risk an hour wait.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

Definitely the Shed. I have not eaten there in ages, but I hear that Maria's has gone downhill with the new owners. Even then, Shed has always been better.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,357 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

Shed would be my vote as I too have heard Maria's has gone downhill a bit. New owners are local chain with their other restaurants also going downhill!

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

Make it unanimous-The Shed. We've not needed reservations at lunch however we usually get there before noon. I'm curious about the other restaurants you mention, CasaAzul.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
480 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

Hands down The Shed. No reservations taken for lunch. Most definitely for dinner. Or, you can eat at the bar which is a lot of fun, too.

Maria's sold to the food group that own Rooftop Pizza, La Casa Sena and others. It's not very good anymore.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
56 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

Have you been to La Choza? It has the same ownership as The Shed, but because it is far off the Plaza and not at all tourist-oriented, it is in the opinion of many locals the better, more authentic Northern NM food. We go to Maria's and The Shed only when friends insist.

7. Re: The Shed or Maria's Mexican Kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17