We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurant and shuttle service from ABQ

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
284 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurant and shuttle service from ABQ

Please reccomend best fancy restaurant in Santa fe and best shuttle service from ABQ to Santa Fe

Level Contributor
215 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurant and shuttle service from ABQ

I would suggest The Santa Cafe or Geronimos if you are looking for classy. For shuttle service use Sandia Shuttle. Check their web site. The drivers are amazing..they always take such good care of their passengers offering comentary along the way and offering tips to enjoy your holiday. They just go the extra step to make sure you are well cared for!

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurant and shuttle service from ABQ

Sandia Shuttle is awfully hard to beat. Great service, competitive pricing and highly professional drivers.

Best fancy restaurant is a pretty subjective thing to qualify.

What kind of food do you like? In your mind what is a "fancy" average price for an entree? Is fancy defined by the atmosphere? Does quality of food or ingredients but no pretention count?

I'd certainly agree that Geronimo and Santacafe' are top quality restaurants where you should expect to have a very special meal, but neither one drips with pretention or has lost its sense of friendliness by putting on false airs in order to make themselves appear more "fancy".

Some others I'd consider for an exceptional meal with similar price ranges, service and attention to detail would be:

Trattoria Nostrani, The Compound, Aquasanta, The Old House, Baleen, Fuego, Julian's, Anasazi and even the archetype of "Santa Fe" cuisine, the often overlooked and underestimated, Coyote Cafe' all would be excellent choices depending on how their menus might trigger yummy noises from you and your companion.

Mentioned in this post
Geronimo
Geronimo
1,824 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santacafe
Santacafe
762 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Trattoria Nostrani
Trattoria Nostrani
93 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
United States
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurant and shuttle service from ABQ

WE just returned and ate at both SantaCafe and Geronimos as recommended by our hotel. I would definitely say that Geronimos was better from both atmosphere and cuisine perspective. Both were good but the food at Geronimos as well as service made that our favorite. We used Sandia based on reviews on this board. They were punctual...drivers did not offer the commentary as some have indicated (however many passengers were talking pretty loud ). the major problem was that they packed passengers in just like sardines and it was not comfortable. They do have larger vehicles but the driver said they were packing them in to save on gas. I would imagine all t he companies do this. It went pretty fast and got us there and I would probably use them again but do be prepared for a "tight" ride. Enjoy Santa Fe.

Mentioned in this post
Santacafe
Santacafe
762 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
4. Re: best restaurant and shuttle service from ABQ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 02:19