We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help on things to do

Baltimore
1 post
Save Topic
help on things to do

I'm taking a family trip to Luray Cavrins in mid October. I know about the skyline drive and the Cavrins. Is there anything else to see for a 12 year old boy?

Moundsville, West...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help on things to do

Hi, You are going to a beautiful place. Luray has a car museum. Very old historical cars!!! It's vey nice. There is also close by, a real neat animal zoo. I think it's a reptile zoo. Check Luray, Viginia on the website. Good luck!! And have fun!!!

Luray, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help on things to do

Hello Renie,

There is lots to do and see in the Luray area of Virginia. Besides the Luray Caverns there is horseback riding at Fort Valley Stable, the Luray Zoo; located across from WalMart, the New Market Battlefield; if your son enjoys history and near completion is the all season water park located at Massanutten Ski Resort. Between New Market & Mt Jackson they have a corn maze; you turn off of US 11 at the Covered Bridge. Up on Massanutten Mountain between New Market & Luray there is a wonderful overlook that you can enjoy. The view is of Page County. You turn on Christman Hollow Road just across the street from the Visitors Center, travel 1 mile to a parking area, walk over the bridge on a paved trial to the decked overlook. Have fun!

Wiley Gregory, Innkeeper

Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help on things to do

They STILL haven't opened the waterpark and no news on web site. I'm a disappointed owner, to say the least.