We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relaxing and eventful get away

Richmond, VA
3 posts
Save Topic
relaxing and eventful get away

My husband and I are planning a quick, relaxing, get away. We were looking for things to do, any suggestions??

Connecticut
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: relaxing and eventful get away

Hi!

I hope I haven't arrived too late.

It all depends on how far you want to travel and what time of the year. There's nice hotel on the Blue Ridge Parkway, it's called Peaks of Otter Lodge. Best by springtime when the rhododendrons and dogwoods are flowering. It' a nice and quiet place to stay. Lots of hiking trails. Nice area far away from the main road. You'll get plenty of relaxation and the view from your room is always facing the lake. Good restaurant too!

Hope I was helpful.

Luray, Virginia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: relaxing and eventful get away

Why not try Luray, Va? It is truly a step back in time, slow pace and friendly people. Several excellent resturants and cafes as well as beautiful places to stay. You can even stay on Main Street where you park your car and then walk to anything you would like to do. Then of course there is the Luray Caverns but they are always so busy and don't forget the beatiful Skyline Drive. Hope to see you here, Denise

Connecticut
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: relaxing and eventful get away

THAT is a lovely place, indeed. I agree totally.

Take care.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: relaxing and eventful get away

try the alpine hideawy in steeles tavern va. wonderful, CLEAN, and ROMANTIC....near lexington...small quaint wonderful town where vmi is located. whites truck stop on 81 is also home cooked meals...nothing fancy but good. the palms in lexington is wonderful pub type for lunch, and the livery inn for dinner. just wonderful!!