My sister and her family (SIS 45, BIL 42, DD 11, DS 9, DS 4), our family (self 44, DH 44, DS 18, DS 16, DS15, DS11) and our mom and brother (70, 42) will all be coming together from all over the US to share a cabin in Luray for one glorious week over Christmas this year. Can you help us plan our week? We will need suggestions that run the gamut as we are an eclectic bunch with extremely varying likes, wants and desires out of a vacation, so we will definitely split up at times during the day and gather again in the evenings around the fire for some good old fashioned family game and fun time.
Here's some of the things we have jotted down for potential adventures....
1. Wisteria Vineyard for a wine tasting (sis, mom and I)
2. The Wright Touch for a massage (sis, mom and I)
3. Snow Tubing at Massanutten Resort for the whole family (grandma stays back with the 4yo)
4. Horseback Ride with Jorden Hollow Stables (teens and dads)
5. Luray Caverns (everyone)
6. Stoney Man Mountain Hike (the teens & the kids, & maybe some of the gals.... also could REALLY use some advice on any other great hikes in the area that would be doable in the winter months)
7. Maybe the zipline adventure with Bear Mountain Ziplines (although we might pass do to the price... that's a lot to lay out for 10+ people).
So, you see, we like it all :)
Is there anything we are doing that we should cross of the list?
How about other things we are missing from the list that are "must dos"? Recommendations?Some quaint Dickens Christmas type festivities would be great (like when a town gets all dressed up and sings carols and has carriage rides and cider) if anyone knows of any. Some great quaint shops to explore? Some awesome local hikes.... possibly to waterfalls or awesome overlooks? Some other fun adventure we might be missing? Anywhere within a forty minute drive is fine.
Thanks for your advice!