We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab shuttle from ferry

Which Sitka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
cab shuttle from ferry

How much for a cab or shuttle from ferry terminal tp katlien street? 4 adults

Also about how much to airport from ksylien street

Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab shuttle from ferry

The town's web site has info on taxi and shuttle service. And maps.

Most towns have a web site to support tourism in their area. To find the site, google the town's name followed by 'visitor information' or 'chamber of commerce' .

www.sitka.org/explore/maps-transportation/

Edited: 26 May 2012, 18:57
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab shuttle from ferry

Thanks

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab shuttle from ferry

There is a big bus that meets travelers at the Sitka ferry terminal and takes them into town. It was $8 last time I took it and I highly recommend it over a cab as it is a long drive to town. Once in town there is a nice transit system and the vast majority of sights are in walking distance. Be sure to get to Fortress of the Bear while you are in town. Amazing wildlife rescue place with bears. The airport is literally walking distance from downtown, about two miles crossing the gorgeous city bridge, and a cheap cab ride if you are not in hotel with a shuttle.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cab shuttle from ferry

Thanks

I wonder if bus has a week pass?

Bus goes to fortress of the bear also?

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cab shuttle from ferry

Here is all the information you need about Sitka Transit:

Alaskapublictransit.sitkatribe.org/

Not sure the ferry bus is owned by the same folks..sure might be, but it's funky old school bus type thing while the Sitka Community Transit buses are more like traditional shuttle buses. My Internet is too slow right now for me to pull up the bus schedule (Internet is horrible in Ketchikan...long story) but my memory tells me it goes to Fortress and/or they have their own shuttle. I clearly recall seeing a van with their name on it last time I was in town.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cab shuttle from ferry

Thanks for info

7. Re: cab shuttle from ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:17