We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Sitka

Atchison, Kansas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing in Sitka

Planning a trip in June/July with husband. He fishes, I haven't. Would like to go together. For one day, maybe. Not wanting 3 or 4 days of fishing. We will have visited several places in Alaska and would like to finish our trip with a little bit of fishing. Any ideas?

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Sitka

No personal experience but my BIL and his family go to a place in Sitka every year ... Wild Strawberry Lodge. I remember the date last yr because my nephew graduated from HS and went with them for the first time, 6/20-6/25. They limited out every day on salmon and halibut so it must have been a good time to go. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Wild Strawberry Lodge
Wild Strawberry Lodge
58 Reviews
Sitka, AK
Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Sitka

I've heard good things about Strawberry Lodge from a friend who goes every year. He has great things to say about them, and they always come home with lots of fish. We may try them next time we're back up in Sitka again.

We've used Alaska Getaway several times, but the last time we felt a bit ripped off. We paid an extra $500 for a half day fishing, then after we got our salmon within an hour, he took the boat back in, saying we had to get it to the warehouse in time (we've done it before later than 2:30) . Later found out he advertised our 'fast and amazing' fast catch on his website. This was just the start of a two and a half day that kept getting worse. We will not go back, and I cannot recommend him.

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Alaska
Alaska
United States
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Sitka

I found A to Z charters to be affordable at $250 per day im going next week ill come on and let ya know how we did

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Sitka

We are booked with Ted in a couple weeks.

Tad Kisaka

Classic Casting Adventures

PO Box 6398

Sitka, AK 99835

907-738-2737

www.flyfishsitka.com

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Sitka

I am looking for a good guide to fish is Sitka this upcoming week - look forward to hearing your fishing reports.

Mentioned in this post
Sitka
Sitka
Alaska
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing in Sitka

Just got back from our fishing trip with Tad Kisaka. Had a great time. We caught Dolly Varden in several stops along a beautiful stream. Tad supplied all the gear; had the patience of Job with me (newbee), and even had some fly fishing pointers for husband who has fished for 50 years. Rates were reasonable. Would recommend.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
108 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing in Sitka

We also had a great time with Tad Kisaka. It was my first time flyfishing also. Tad knows where to fish! And how to teach. Caught Dolly Varden and steelhead. Find Tad at www.flyfishsitka.com

8. Re: Fishing in Sitka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 20:15