We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to whale watch in Sitka

Which Sitka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cedarhurst, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to whale watch in Sitka

Looking for a good small whale watching boat that gives you a nice personal experience

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to whale watch in Sitka

Sitka Wildlife Tours is the only company that I know for whale watching excursions. They have a good reputation. sitkawildlifetours.com/sitka-alaska-whale-wa…

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,003 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to whale watch in Sitka

Allen Marine offer tours for both cruise and non-cruise passengers. We found them to be excellent and we saw a LOT of wildlife including bears, otters, eagles and whales. Overall, I think the Juneau/Tracy Arm/Icy Strait areas are more reliable for whale watching.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,125 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to whale watch in Sitka

Allen Marine generally offers larger boat tours, but they do hve a great reputation.

A smaller local company that gets great reviews is Sitka Sound Tours.

http://www.sitkasoundtours.com/

They do more "wildlife" tours, but I am sure he could do a whale watch tour too.

4. Re: Best way to whale watch in Sitka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2016, 15:16