We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Lodging for Labor Day wknd/nr Amherst/Springfield

Queens,NY
12 posts
Save Topic
Family Lodging for Labor Day wknd/nr Amherst/Springfield

Need last minute lodging for this weekend. Would prefer somekind of suite situation, so we have some space when we put our 4 year old to sleep early. Would Love an indoor pool. Spend up to $150/night.

We are visiting Eric Carle Museum in Amherst and Dr. Seuss Memorial Park in Springfield.

Will drive 30 min away from those attractions for decent/clean/family friendly place to stay.

THANKS so much!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Lodging for Labor Day wknd/nr Amherst/Springfield

You might try the Crowne Plaza in Enfield, CT. We stayed there a few years ago in one of the suites and it was very pleasant and comfortable -- the suite has a separate living room, a little dining table and (if I remember correctly) an extra half-bath.

Overall, it's your basic suburban hotel -- nothing to write home about -- but it was great for what we needed. It does have both an indoor and outdoor pool and also some tennis courts.

Note that although the address is Connecticut, it's really just over the line from Longmeadow, MA and only about a 10-minute drive to downtown Springfield (straight up I-91). Amherst would be a bit further, though probably 30-40 minutes.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Lodging for Labor Day wknd/nr Amherst/Springfield

Hi, a couple that come to mind are Homewood Suites & Country Inn & Suites, both right off Rt. 91 in Holyoke (in between Spfld. & Amherst)

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

http://www.countryinns.com/holyokema

Both have indoor pools. I am not sure if this is "move-in" weekend at any of the 5 colleges in the Amherst area, but that could interfere with your plans.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Lodging for Labor Day wknd/nr Amherst/Springfield

I wanted to say that I am not sure Homewood's pool is indoors - the website says they have a pool, but doesn't say if it is inside or not.

4. Re: Family Lodging for Labor Day wknd/nr Amherst/Springfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 05:19