We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall foliage

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
fall foliage

Hi. I'm from West Texas and don't know your area, at all. I'm considering a fall foilage tour ending Oct. 4th. Would this be a good time to come see the colors of the trees in your area? I thought it might be too early, but the travel agent thinks it will be perfect. Are the colors pretty in your area?

Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Gardens
Springfield Museums
Children's Museums, Science Museums, History Museums, Natural History Museums, Art Museums
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fall foliage

Tracking and ranking of fall colors is by no means an exact science, though you wouldn't know it from some of the reports that get put out there.

Where does the tour go? I think it's likely to be just a bit early for the best colors around Springfield, though it should be pretty colorful. I think the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire would provide a slightly better experience. In any case, on October 4, there should be plenty of color throughout western Masssachusetts and the states to the north.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fall foliage

Oh, thanks for your reply. The tour starts in Boston and includes Springfield, Lake Placid, Killington and North Conway. I never really wanted to visit Bar Harbor, but it might be nice.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fall foliage

Bar Harbor seems to have entered the discussion out of left field--does the tour go there too? If you do visit Bar Harbor/Acadia NP, you won't regret it.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fall foliage

What a nice loop! As wpsuakee notes, Springfield may not be in full color on October 4, but as you head toward Lake Placid, Vt & NH you should see plenty of color.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fall foliage

Go, enjoy it. There's nothing like fall color in New England.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fall foliage

Thanks to you all for your gracious replies. Bar Harbor is also included in the tour. I left it out of the original stops, then mentioned it later. Duh.

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
158 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fall foliage

We stopped at Bar Harbor on a New England/Canada cruise a couple of years ago. What a quaint little town! It was lovely, as was the surrounding Acadia area, and we want to go back there. You will enjoy it!

so cal
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: fall foliage

Just curious what company are you traveling with? It sounds like the same itenerary we are going on departing Boston 9/29

9. Re: fall foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 10:16