We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pull offs on each side of Memorial bridge safe?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
170 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Pull offs on each side of Memorial bridge safe?

I notice there are two pull offs along highway 5 just before and just after the Memorial Bridge. One the south is the NA Energy Alliance, and not sure on the one to the north. Look like fishing areas? I want to stop by and take a couple good cityscape photos of the Springfield skyline (possibly after dark) and these look like good locations, but not sure if traffic is allowed on those pull offs, and if it's relatively safe for a few minutes of quick shooting (photograhically speaking!)

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,238 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pull offs on each side of Memorial bridge safe?

The Water & Sewer Plant is just south of Energy Alliance. Not sure what is just above. I guess you could try it. What is the worst that could happen to you?

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
30 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pull offs on each side of Memorial bridge safe?

Stay out of the North End, it can be a rough area. Better to take the Rt. 5 exit at the South side of the city, it will take you over the South-End Bridge to West Springfield. There is a good roadside parking spot just after the Memorial Bridge, you can get good photos from there.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
170 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pull offs on each side of Memorial bridge safe?

Thanks Tom! It'll be a while now for me to get back to the city, but I hope to do so this year! Thanks!

4. Re: Pull offs on each side of Memorial bridge safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 14:17