We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me fill in my itinerary

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me fill in my itinerary

I'm working on my itinerary, lots left to do but here's the general idea I came up with. Our kids are 9, 15, & 17. Any help in filling in the blanks and suggestions are appreciated along with comments on how it looks so far?

Sat. June 16 we fly into Phoenix arriving 9:16am. Pick up rental car and head to Flagstaff stopping at Montezuma's Castle on the way, we'll need to stop for lunch somewhere too? At Flagstaff we're staying with family, we should be there in time for dinner and will spend the evening settling in/doing some grocery shopping for our needs.

Sun: Drive thru Oak Creek Canyon. I need a hike in this area?? Spend the afternoon at Slide Rock Park.

Mon: Grand Canyon Railway with tour at the Canyon

Tues: Sunset Crater, Wupatki, Cameron Trading Post, drive to Page to spend the night (is this enough for the whole day?)

Wed: Antelope Canyon, rafting in Glen Canyon, drive back to Flagstaff

Thurs: Hiking and touring in Sedona (need to work out details of this, I know we want to do some vortex hikes & see the sunset) spend the night in Sedona so we'll want to use the hotel pool also.

Fri: Pink Jeep Tour and more hiking in Sedona, return to Flagstaff in evening. I think I saw a free outdoor movie in Flagstaff we could see this night on one of the sites, I'll have to look for it again.

Sat: Walnut Crater if we didn't fit this in yet. I'd like to do some hiking in the Flagstaff area if time?? Spend a few hours downtown for lunch & shopping. Drive to Phoenix where we'll spend the night before flying out on Sun.

Thanks, Jen

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,049 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me fill in my itinerary

Looks like a good workable plan. My favorite summer hike in Oak Creek Canyon is at West Fork. It will be on your right as you come down the canyon before you get to Slide Rock. So it would be a good place to take a morning hike and then go to Slide Rock for the faternoon to cool off.

Your Tuesday plan is indeed a full day.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me fill in my itinerary

Yeah, Wupatki to Page with stopping at Cameron will put your arrival after 7pm most likely. Since you're hanging out in the area the next day anyway, you'll be okay though. If you have time though, check into Lockett Meadow and the Lava Tubes, both of which are practically across the highway from Sunset Crater, although Lockett Meadow is much better in the Fall.

Flagstaff does do free movies on Fridays at Heritage Square during the summer. I've never been, but it sounds like fun.

You could eat in Camp Verde before you hit Montezuma Castle, but there's mostly just fast food. I know there's a Sonic right by Cliff Castle. Otherwise, lots of restaurants in Village of Oak Creek on the way to Sedona.

3. Re: Help me fill in my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 22:17