We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic issues for Flagstaff

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic issues for Flagstaff

If you are going to the GC via Flagstaff or to ski at Snowbowl just be aware of some major traffic and road issues this weekend. If you are going to the GC you can go via Flagstaff to Williams to 64 which is about the same time frame. My go list has a discovery map of flagstaff to help with streets and locations.http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_Arizona_the_Good_Life.html

azdailysun.com/articles/2008/12/30/news/brea…

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic issues for Flagstaff

oopse

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic issues for Flagstaff

Thanks for the tip! I'd like to add something I heard on the radio today - reporter said they were turning away skiers at Snowbowl as the slopes were at capacity. They also said they had closed several sledding areas because of the traffic snarls. Same thing at Mt. Lemmon. I guess so much snow is not always a good thing...

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic issues for Flagstaff

We were up there this past weekend, and yes, traffic was crazy - even on Monday during the middle of the day. We did try to go up to the Wing Mtn Snow Play area, but it was closed already - dozens and dozens of cars were trying to find a place to turn around and go back, since they weren't allowing any traffic on the road to the play area. Snowbowl traffic was crazy, too. The one thing we all wondered was, why don't they have an electronic road sign (or something!) indicating these closures BEFORE you leave Flagstaff? Seems like it would be an easy thing to do, especially as there are no turnarounds for miles once you are past Wing Mtn Snow Play.

Anyway, if anyone is going up there for any kind of snowplay/skiing, just allow plenty of extra time.

4. Re: Traffic issues for Flagstaff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 13:20