We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

Arizona
6 posts
Save Topic
Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

Looking for recommendations on the best Flagstaff area campgrounds that accommodate both trailers (full hookups) and tents (shade, clean showers, etc). Not interested in an RV-only style campground with sites practically on top of one another. Would like something family-friendly. I am currently considering Woody Mountain Campground and the Flagstaff KOA. Please give me your thoughts on those and any other good options in the area. Thanks!

Jerome, AZ
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

if it's still cold up in Flagstaff, you may want to consider Lo Lo Mai Springs in Page Springs, or Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood. (may close that one due to budget)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

Hi bakedpotato,

What time of year are you traveling to Flagstaff? If it is summertime, either one of the two campgrounds you have listed are fine - both are in tall pine forests and plenty of shade. Enjoy your stay,

Wayne

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

Woodymtn is ok better than the KOA in Flag. The best KOA is between Williams and Flagstaff off of I-40 at Circle Pines its very nice and the owners are great people. Its about 20 minutes west of Flagstaff.

http://www.koa.com/where/AZ/03211/

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,164 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

I think the best place is inside Grand Canyon National Park at Mather Campground! No hookups, but wonderful place to stay with central showers. flush toilets and restaurants. A quick walk to the rim of the Grand Canyon!!

Enjoy your trip.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

If you are associated with the military, then www.forttuthill.com has nice sites and low visitor numbers in Flagstaff.

Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

Thanks for all the responses. We will be there in June. Mather is my first choice, but the "older" folks camping with us want hook-ups! So between Woody Mountain and Circle Pines KOA which is better?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

Circle Pines KOA is much much much better. They have all kinds of activites and their pool actually works. They even have cabins if you can't stand the trailer any more. LOL. I know both properties and owners and would pick Circle pines KOA personally.

8. Re: Best Campgrounds for Trailers and Tents?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 09:26