We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

Michigan
4 posts
Save Topic
Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

What are the must things to do and see? One day we are taking a tour to the Grand Canyon. So we have 3 full days to see a few things.

Have a few places that we want to see. Like Walnut canyon, Red rocks, polatki ruins and rock art.

Not sure how many will be in our group yet. We will have 2 seniors with us. Planning the trip for June

Mentioned in this post
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,731 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

Traditional must dos in Sedona include a visit to the Chapel of the Holy Cross, a jeep tour, and hikes and sightseeing all around Sedona including Oak Creek Canyon. You won't run out of things to do, but you do need to be careful about overplanning. You only have a few days and you need to take it all in at a comfortable pace.

Walnut Canyon is east of Flagstaff so you'll need to devote a half day for that. If you were to do the GCNP on your own you could include it on the way up or back and save a little time, but the GCNP really deserves a full day or an overnight stay. Palatki Ruins are on the west side of Sedona and you'll need about 3 hours minimum to get there, experience it and return. The best Petroglyphs are at V-Bar-V on the opposite side of town, requiring about the same amount of time.

Use www.visitsedona.com to familiarize yourself with what you can reasonably see and do in your short time.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Chapel of the Holy Cross
Chapel of the Holy Cross
8,315 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Oak Creek Canyon
Oak Creek Canyon
2,932 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
Palatki Ruins
Palatki Ruins
662 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
2. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2009, 19:10
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

One not mentioned to visit is the V bar V petroglyph site just outside of sedona. Wupatki/Sunset crater just outside of Flagstaff is a great site to see as well takes 35 mins from Flagstaff to get to and give several hours to complete.

My go list has links to several websites for you to check out.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

Mentioned in this post
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

Thank you so much. I will look and see what we can and can't do. I want to see everything but I need to think about how much time it takes to do it. Thanks for saying something about that.

You have given me alot to think about.

Thanks again

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

If you are interested in ruins then Wupatki NM should also be included. I find those ruins as interesting, if not more so, than Walnut Canyon's.

Picture Canyon in near Flagstaff is a little known rock art panel on National Forest land.

Mentioned in this post
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

I will look up Wupatki NM and Picture Canyon.

Thanks AngelGateTours

Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

Dragonflylady your list to several websites is great. I'm going to devote an evening to look at them.

8. Re: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 07:20