We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which RV park for a week trip?

OK
Level Contributor
61 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Which RV park for a week trip?

I have been reading a lot of rv forums. We planned on staying in the Flagstaff KOA, but 90% of the forums say it is bad because it isn't level and it's too tough to navigate large travel trailers. We have a 30' TT, and don't want it hurt by trees. We've never been to this area, but will be staying 1 week with 5 kids and 2 dogs. Please advise: I've heard of J & H RV Park, Munds, Woody Mountain, GC Railway, and the KOA???

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which RV park for a week trip?

Skip Woody Mtn, and the Flagstaff Koa. I'd try the Kid Carson Rv park in Flagstaff or the Koa out side of williams at Circle pines is one of the nicest ones in the area. Wooded and has tons of activites for the kids including a pool. And the owners are very nice and helpful.

http://www.koa.com/where/az/03211/

The GC Railway rv park is just that its nice and new but no trees. Personally I'd choose the circle pines koa especially with the kids.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which RV park for a week trip?

We've picked up a lot of customers at the Flagstaff KOA, and I don't recall so many complaints. Although, I will defer to the TA posts from people that have actually stayed there.

It you are looking for something "close-in" then you might want to try Black Barts in Flagstaff. If you want to be more remote, then Munds Park would be better.

3. Re: Which RV park for a week trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Flagstaff