We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay flagstaff or sedona

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alice Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
stay flagstaff or sedona

HI we are planning a trip with limited time form Downunder OZ, family with two young boys. We have one night in Las Vegas then 2 nights in either Flagstaff or Sedona what do you think?? We then have a night booked on the South Rim, and then one more night back in Vegas before we depart.

What do you recommend we do for those two nights and where should we stay. any ideas??

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,842 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

Folks here know that I am biased, but Sedona wins, hands down. There's way more to see and do here. Flag is also a good destination, but there is a uniqueness about Sedona that can't be described. You have to experience it.

www.visitsedona.com

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,186 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

yes, RedRox might be slightly biased :) but for good reason. I am from Ohio and I agree that Sedona wins hands down! One of the most gorgeous places I've seen.

There's Oak Creek for the boys and I am sure they'd like a jeep trip as well.

Let RedRox give you a good run down of all the things you and the boys will love about Sedona. How old are the boys?

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,904 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

So much more for all of you in Sedona. I'm not cutting Flagstaff, but for a short time you will do better in Sedona with a lot more options.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

For a trip like yours here's another vote for Sedona. Your kids will like Slide Rock SP for sure.

Tet

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

I'll vote for Flagstaff. But I am also biased.

Although Sedona has stunning red rock formations, it is too hot during the summer months. Flagstaff has a much more comfortable climate, and isn't overly "touristy". Sedona is a little too over run with T-shirt shops and time share salesman.

Flagstaff is a great base camp for all your activities in Northern Arizona (including Sedona).

http://www.flagstaffarizona.org/

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

Sedona wins hands down in every consideration. There are so many more activities available in Sedona not to mention the jaw dropping scenery . If you miss that beautiful area you will regret it.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

OP seems to be overwhelmed and has not been back to us. What do you think Redcentre?

newton ma
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

Can you tell me more about the heat? We are thinking about a trip in August with 2 teenage sons and are from the Boston area so are not used to sustained high temperatures.Thanks. tigerwrestler

Edited: 11 July 2010, 21:57
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,613 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

The heat where, tigerwrestler?

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stay flagstaff or sedona

I believe tigerwrestler is asking about Sedona since someone mentioned heat in summer above.

Hopefully these links will work:

Sedona: weather.com/outlook/…USAZ0209

Flagstaff:

weather.com/outlook/…

Humidity will be very low for either location, though both are subject to summertime "monsoon season" with daily rains for a short period each day.